Today I’m going to try something a bit different. As I have previously stated, I am lucky enough with the career I have, that I get to be home a lot. It’s because of this that I get to be the one to prepare most of our dinners. Also, when I’m at work I get to practise my culinary skills further since we all make our meals at the fire hall. Very rarely will we order out food and if we do, it’s because the shift has been too busy to grocery shop and cook. One of my favourite (and my family’s favourite) is my BBQ Chicken Pizza. The last time I made it, I decided to take pictures of all the steps, and share my recipe with you guys. Here we go!
What you’ll need;
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (Leave out for the day at room temp)
- Pizza Sauce
- Apple butter BBQ Sauce
- Green Peppers
- Chicken Breast (Boneless/Skinless)
- Corn meal
- Garlic Salt
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Medium Cookie Sheet
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean counter top
- Knead dough and spread into a rectangle
- Take medium rectangular cookie sheet and turn up-side-down. Spray the underside with Pam and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Spread pizza dough over cookie sheet making sure to fold over all the edges
- Bake in oven for ten minutes
- While Dough is baking, mix together pizza sauce and Apple Butter BBQ Sauce and add garlic salt. Use the quantities that suit your tastes. (I prefer more BBQ Sauce than Pizza sauce)
- Chop Chicken Breast into cubes and sauté (add salt and pepper to taste)
- In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms, onions and peppers (Chopped)
- Cook chicken until browned, add in sautéed veggies and add Apple Butter BBQ Sauce, mix thoroughly and remove from heat (leave in the pan until later)
- When the pizza dough has cooked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and flip the cookie sheet over. The crust should drop off and you’ll be left with a slightly cooked crust with raised edges.
- Cover dough with sauce, Garlic Salt, and more corn meal.
- Spread some Mozzarella
- Cover with sautéed Veggies
- Add small raw broccoli florets
- Spread chicken and cover with the rest of the mozzarella
- Place back in oven at 375 and cook for 20 minutes
- Remove, let cool, cut and enjoy
Hopefully you give this recipe a try and enjoy it. The best part about pizza is that you can’t go wrong. Experiment and add or delete things as you like. I find pizza is the easiest way to add veggies to my kids dinner without them realizing. I have quite a few other recipes I may try out here, it really depends on how this one is received, so please leave me your feedback.
Until next time,
Keep Your Head Up and Your Nuts Covered
Looks amazing. I’ll definitely be trying this one.
Looks amazing. I’ll definitely be trying this out.